Wednesday, March 01, 2006

That's What I'm Talking About!

If you track privacy closely, you know that issues related to identity theft and credit fraud are near and dear to the heart of the privacy professional. If you follow my blog (and who doesn’t?), you know I’m an advocate of building programs that help to instill brand confidence through open discussion of those issues.

Don’t kid yourself – your customers know all about the dangers. What they don’t know is what you are doing to protect them.

You can imagine my glee when I read last week that financial services firm Charles Schwab announced a security guarantee program that puts Schwab’s money where Schwab’s mouth is.

The bottom line to this program, from the consumer perspective, is that Schwab has made an investment in their security and privacy protection programs and are so confident in the efficacy of those systems and programs that they have effectively eliminated the financial risk to consumers.

Now, that’s what I’m talking about!

Schwab’s is a powerful message, and one that resonates with their audience. Note the lack of technical detail. It’s unnecessary. All that the customer needs to know is, “what does this mean for me?”

Kudos to Schwab.

Lest you think I’m late to the story, I’m currently engaged in conversation with Schwab’s privacy team on this very issue. I had hoped to have a brief “interview” to share with you by now, but we’re getting there and I will share that Q&A with you as soon as we’re done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home