Saturday, April 04, 2015

For Jerry: April 4, 2014



For Jerry: April 4, 2015

Today was your day to mourn
To be with family and friends
And memories

I was there
In the back row
Unseen
Except in the aggregate
Eyes closed
Singing songs that would have made me cry
Under the best of circumstances

I didn’t know your wife
But I knew enough
Three years younger than me
Suddenly
Unexpectedly
But do we ever expect the end

Our choices betray a belief in immortality
Else within the petty we could recognize
Magnitude in each moment
Sense the gravity of our words

If we knew we would embark
Monday
On a journey to end
Wednesday
How would things be different
Tuesday

Should they be different?

Or is it enough at times
To fill life with the
Mundane

There is beauty enough in that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home