Thursday, April 10, 2014

Marathon Poetry Archive

Starting in 2012 I decided I was going to scratch out a poem each year in honor of Massachusetts' Patriots Day tradition: the Boston Marathon.

My inaugural marathon verse can be found here.

Last year's poem can be found here.

Of course, when I wrote the 2013 version I had no way of knowing what would unfold at the finish line. Because of the tragic events of April 15, 2013 there was no way I could take the same lighthearted approach this year and feel good about myself. Cracking wise about Uta Pippig and Rosie Ruiz was fine before--and it will be again--but not this year. My 2014 marathon poem is a serious effort to commemorate that day and its victims.

I'll post the new poem soon, but wanted to get these to the top of the heap in the meantime.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home