Monday, September 11, 2006

Summer's Over

Astronomically speaking we still have ten days of summer left, as the autumnal equinox doesn't occur until September 21. Meteorologically we may have a month or more of summer weather remaining, though it will come in increasingly shorter spurts (recall that I am writing this from my home in Central Massachusetts). But for practical purposes, my daughter returned to school today, so summer is over.

I half joked to a friend yesterday that I shaved, got a hair cut, and sent those clothes that needed it to the cleaners in preparation for a return to business as usual.

I apologize (again) for my less-than-faithful attention to this blog. I had enough going on that made an unannounced hiatus from blogging a convenient thing to do.

In the meantime, I've posted plenty over at Spot-On and had a byline appear in Inc. Magazine. That, plus my work with the great folks at the Ponemon Institute and my appointment as co-chair for the Boston Chapter of the International Association of Privacy Professionals KnowledgeNet. So, you see, I haven't been lazing around the last 90 days or so.

Lucky for me summer was a quiet one for privacy. Hardy a blip to comment on, unless you count minor events like AOL's search term fiasco, HP's emerging pretexting scandal, Sovereign Bank's laptop theft, AT&T's hack, the Department of Education's technical glitch, Chevron's laptop loss...

Oh, and I have personally been affected by my second exposure this year. Having already been put at risk by the Department of Veterans Affairs, I got a letter in the mail last week telling me of another breach that could have exposed my PII to unsavory elements. More on that in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home